• 1 ½ cups diced tomatoes
• 30 oz. black beans rinsed and drained
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 1 ½ cups finely chopped onion
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 cups vegetable stock
• 2 cups cooked pumpkin
• 4 green onions thinly sliced
• Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
Place tomatoes and beans in a food processor; blend until about half the beans are smooth. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic and cumin; sauté for 1 minute. Add tomato and bean mixture, stock, pumpkin, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve topped with green onion.
I have to give credit and thanks to my daughter for this great picture of the black bean pumpkin soup. She decided to add her own touch by adding the rose petal from her birthday roses! She is a budding creative artist and exploring her many untapped talents. Thanks and much love Taylor!
- 1 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1 cup organic brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup organic oat flour
- 1/2 cup cooked organic pumpkin
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup organic soy milk
- 1 tsp organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp organic baking powder
- 1/2 tsp organic baking soda
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp organic nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp organic allspice
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
Combine soy milk and apple cider vinegar; set aside and let sit for about 5 minutes. Combine flours, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt in a large mixing bowl. Combine pumpkin, spices, water and soy milk mixture and add gradually to dry ingredients. Mix well then let sit for about 5 minutes to activate baking powder.
Pour mixture into non-stick skillet or griddle. Flip once then serve.
- 4 cups cooked organic pumpkin
- 1 tsp minced organic garlic
- 1/8 tsp organic cinnamon
- 28 whole wheat wonton wrappers
Tomato Sage Sauce
- 2 tsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp minced organic garlic
- 2 medium organic tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp chopped fresh organic sage
- Celtic sea salt to taste
- organic ground black pepper to taste
To prepare ravioli:
Mix pumpkin, garlic and cinnamon together in a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Cook to eliminate any excess water about 2 – 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. While water is coming to a boil assemble ravioli. Place 1/2 tablespoon of pumpkin mixture in the center of the wonton wrapper. Fold diagonally into a triangle and seal by crimping the edges with wet fingers. Place ravioli into boiling water and cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
Drain and serve topped with tomato-sage sauce.
To prepare tomato-sage sauce:
In a small saucepan heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic, stir and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, sage, salt and pepper and cook for and additional 2 minutes. Serve over pumpkin ravioli.