I’ve modified this recipe featured in Clean Eating Magazine – one of my favorite food prep magazines. I have incorporated all organic ingredients but this is pretty much the same recipe.
My fifteen year old actually enjoyed these so much she put a note on the bowl in the refrigerator asking to save some for her! A quick and wholesome “raw” treat to fill you up without artificial additives, color or preservatives.
- 1/2 cup organic raisins
- 3/4 cup organic, raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried organic dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup dried organic, unsulphured apricots
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed, organic orange juice
- 1 tsp zest of organic orange
- unsweetened, organic, shredded coconut
In a food processor, pulverize raisins, walnuts, dates and apricots for 1-2 minutes or until finely chopped. Add orange juice and zest. Blend for another 1 – 2 minutes or until mixture forms together.
Place about 1/2 cup of organic coconut on a sheet of wax paper. Dip hands into water and then gather mixture to form balls and then roll in coconut to coat. Refrigerate.