Quinoa Black Bean Salad
So here is a really easy healthy dish for you to enjoy! Even though the recipe calls for cherry tomatoes, feel free to use fresh garden tomatoes too. I used cherry tomatoes and yellow tomatoes from our garden to make this recipe today. Quinoa is a great source of protein and a nice alternative to rice or pasta!
• 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
• 2 cups water
• 1/4 cup olive oil/flax seed oil mixture
• juice of 2 fresh limes
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
• 15 oz. black beans rinsed
• 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
• bunch green onions, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
• sea salt and pepper to taste
In a medium saucepan bring water and quinoa to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until all water is absorbed about 15 minutes. Let quinoa cool.
In a small bowl, whisk together olive/flax oil, lime juice, cumin and red pepper flakes.
Combine quinoa, black beans, tomatoes and green onions in a large bowl. Drizzle oil mixture over quinoa mixture and toss in cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
Posted on August 28, 2011, in Main Courses, Sides Dishes and tagged black beans, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, cumin, flaxseed oil, lime, olive oil, quinoa, red pepper. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.