Vegetable Brown Rice Stir Fry
• 2 cups cooked brown rice
• 1 tbsp sesame oil
• 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
• 6 cloves garlic, smashed
• 3 carrots, washed and chopped diagonally
• 3 stalks celery chopped diagonally
• 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (1/2 inch)
• 4 green onions, coarsely chopped
• 2 cups cooked black beans
• low sodium vegetable broth
• low sodium soy sauce (to taste)
• sesame seeds
• ground black pepper (to taste)
Heat sesame oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add cooked brown rice, carrots, celery, soy sauce and sweet potato; cover and reduce heat to medium. Add vegetable broth as needed to prevent sticking and cook until sweet potatoes are tender.
Remove from heat, add green onion, sesame seeds, black beans and black pepper.
Posted on January 7, 2011, in Main Courses, Sides Dishes and tagged black beans, brown rice, carrots, celery, garlic, green onion, red onion, sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, sweet potato. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.