Monthly Archives: January 2011
• 1 ½ cups diced tomatoes
• 30 oz. black beans rinsed and drained
• 1 tsp olive oil
• 1 ½ cups finely chopped onion
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 cups vegetable stock
• 2 cups cooked pumpkin
• 4 green onions thinly sliced
• Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
Place tomatoes and beans in a food processor; blend until about half the beans are smooth. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic and cumin; sauté for 1 minute. Add tomato and bean mixture, stock, pumpkin, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve topped with green onion.
I have to give credit and thanks to my daughter for this great picture of the black bean pumpkin soup. She decided to add her own touch by adding the rose petal from her birthday roses! She is a budding creative artist and exploring her many untapped talents. Thanks and much love Taylor!
• 2 cups cooked brown rice
• 1 tbsp sesame oil
• 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
• 6 cloves garlic, smashed
• 3 carrots, washed and chopped diagonally
• 3 stalks celery chopped diagonally
• 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (1/2 inch)
• 4 green onions, coarsely chopped
• 2 cups cooked black beans
• low sodium vegetable broth
• low sodium soy sauce (to taste)
• sesame seeds
• ground black pepper (to taste)
Heat sesame oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add cooked brown rice, carrots, celery, soy sauce and sweet potato; cover and reduce heat to medium. Add vegetable broth as needed to prevent sticking and cook until sweet potatoes are tender.
Remove from heat, add green onion, sesame seeds, black beans and black pepper.
• 1 medium green apple, cut in quarters
• 1 kiwi, cut in half
• 3 kale leaves, rinsed, torn into strips
• 1/2 cup wheatgrass
• 1/3 cup alfalfa sprouts
• 1/3 cup baby spinach
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 3 cups water
• 4 mint leaves
Place all ingredients in Vita-Mix, blend and viola!